Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.
― Edith Sitwell
Makes 1 Bread loaf
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Cook Time: 30-35 Minutes
1 Package of Dry Yeast
1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup of Water, warmed up to 115 degrees
1 tsp of Salt
1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
3-1/2 cups of Multi-grain flour
About 1 cup of Nutella
1) Prepare The Yeast: As per the instructions given with yeast or in a small bowl or cup, add warm water, yeast and 1 tsp of sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2) Prepare The Dough: Add melted butter, salt and yeast mixture in the flour, knead it until you have a smooth dough.
3) Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover it with plastic wrap or a wet cloth and place it aside to rise and double in volume, for about an hour.
4) Make three dough balls. Take one from them and roll it out in a curricular shape. Smear the surface with Nutella and roll it tightly.
5) Repeat the same process with other two dough balls.
6) Make a normal braid from the three rolls. Then make sure to seal it by pinching the top and bottom ends. Place it on parchment paper.
7) Cover it loosely with a kitchen towel and place it somewhere warm to rest for about half an hour, meanwhile, preheat your oven to 150 degrees.
8) Bake the bread for about 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown, allow to cool and dig in!!😋
AUTHOR’s TIP: Don’t add sugar into the flour while preparing for the dough as nutella is sweet.
OUR TIP: Serve it with berries, nuts and cream.
Author- Bhawana Singh Parihar
Submitted by- AARYA SINGH