Author: Aarya Singh
PREP TIME – 45 min
TOTAL TIME – 1 Hour
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SUGAR COOKIE BASE
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup multi-grain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup cold Butter, cut into chunks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
6-8 Crushed blanched almonds
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHEESE FILLING
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup condensed milk
mixed fruit jam
To decorate: Fruits and berries
1) First start with preparing the cookie dough. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl, set aside.
2) Place sugar, cold butter, and 1/8 teaspoon orange food color into bowl of heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat at medium speed until well combined. Add egg, vanilla essence and crushed almonds; beat until well mixed. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low-speed until just combined.
3) Knead dough to incorporate crumbs and form a smooth dough. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350º F).
4) Divide the dough in two, and gather each portion into a slightly flattened ball. Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll it out between two baking papers to a thickness of maximum 0.5 cm.
5) Using a beveled cookie cutter, cut out circles and drape one circle upside down on each tart tin, pressing to form smooth surface. (You can also use mini cupcake pan)
6) Slip cookies into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let them cool on the pan for about 10 minutes. Let them cool.
7) When cold, prepare cheese filling. Mix sweetened condensed milk, sour cream (or whip cream) and cream cheese on a medium bowl, until combined.
8) Coat some strawberry jam on every cookie bowl. Smear with cheese cream. Top with orange flakes and berry.
Note: Keep in the fridge until set (about 4 hours if using sour cream, at least 24
hours if using whipping cream). They are better the next day. Can be stored several days on the fridge