12 January is celebrated as National Youth Day in memory of Swami Vivekananda who was born on 12 January 1863 . Swami Vivekananda has always been a great inspiration for youth, here are some of his thoughts which are followed in India and all over the world.
1. It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for us. Our thoughts make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light.
2. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life -think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
3. When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state.
4. Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin; to say that you are weak, or others are weak.
5. Talk to yourself at least once in a Day.. Otherwise you may miss a meeting with an EXCELLENT person in this World.
6. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
7. All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
8. Be free, hope for nothing from anyone. I am sure if you look back upon your lives you will find that you were always vainly trying to get help from others which never came.
9. Know that every time you feel weak, you not only hurt yourself but also the cause. Infinite faith and strength are the only conditions of success.
10. The will is not free – it is a phenomenon bound by cause and effect – but there is something behind the will which is free.
References – https://en.wikipedia.org, http://www.brainyquote.com, http://vivek-jivan.blogspot.in